Wednesday, February 13, 2013

1903 Swan Corset

Still slogging along on the Truly Victorian 1903 corset of utter girliness. I finally got it to a stage where I could try it on, so that happened. 



This is seriously going to be the girliest thing I've ever made. You can't see it in these pictures but I discovered the decorative stitches on the Singer that I never use ever, and every seam now has a line of pink swans on it. I have pink silk ribbon for binding, and insertion lace with a narrower pink silk ribbon woven through it for trim at the top. I am about as far from a pink person as anyone you can imagine, but I feel like if you're going to go Edwardian, you might as well go whole hog. The plan for the eventual dress to go over this is a super lacy lingerie dress, but that may not happen for years. But it's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment